sulphur treatment for dog mange?

i was adviced to use a pinch of sulphur with milk to cure dog mange ……i have seen improvement in my dog ,growth of hair, reduced scratching..but am unsure of the dose and how long to continue…any ideas?
vet has prescribed half of 12 mg ivermectin for six weeks (because its a young dog) and 3 days dose of avil…..which treatment should i follow?
she has small pink boils so i think its Sarcoptic mange

Our shepherd is just coming to the end of treatment.

I used Omega Oil capsules (1000 mg), 400 iu Vitamin E, selenium and 50 mg Zinc in her food. I was also using an antibacterial shampoo twice a week. I found a drop of grapefruit seed extract in each handful of shampoo was great too – its a really powerful antibacterial/antiviral/antimicrobial agent so use with care!

Homeopathically I was giving her sulphur, graphite and silicea tabs (30X) twice a day, for seven days only, break of 3 days, then another dose for a week.

I think a combination of all this really helped her. You have to be patient – its a long, slow cure unfortunately. Please check with your vet before trying out any of the above just to make sure they will be safe and suitable for your pet. Best of luck.