Dealing with Mange Mites
I’ve been reading on the internet that it takes 3 weeks for mange mites to completely die after the first treatment. Does that mean this dog can’t be around other dogs for 3 weeks? Or are the mange mites still alive but unable to infect other dogs (like they’re slowly dying)?
Dog Mange Mites
Does anybody know definitively? I’ve read so many conflicting things on the internet, I’m about to scream!
This is a rescue who received free treatment. I do not have a vet at my disposal.
Sometimes it can take longer it all depends on the strength of the treatment and the infestation. Talk to your vet to be sure. If it is sarcoptic mange then I wouldn’t let this dog around other dogs until the skin scrapings come back with ZERO mites, otherwise you are still putting the other dogs at risk for catching the mange. The only way to know for sure is to talk to your vet.
Most Effective Mange Mites Remedy
Pets’BestRx Mange Treatment Spray targets and eliminates Sarcoptic mange, while Sulfinex Cream provides additional protection to nourish and heal the skin. The colloid-based Sarcoptic Mange Treatment Spray solution penetrates deeply into your pet’s skin to attack Sarcoptic mange-affected skin. This provides your pet with soothing relief; great even for Sarcoptic mange in smaller animals such as birds, rodents, and reptiles. Give your pet a double dose of protection!
- Security of knowing it will not harm your pet or yourself
- Pleasant smelling formula helps your pet to relax
- Will not burn your pets skin so they will not suffer
- Products will not compromise the immune system which helps your pet heal quicker
- Satisfaction of knowing you can do multiple mange treatments to prevent reoccurrence
- Saves money on vet visits from multiple toxic mange mites treatments.